Klipberg Consulting (Pty) Ltd is an environmental consultancy based in the town of Darling, Western Cape.
Klipberg Consulting (Pty) Ltd focuses on the mineral resource sector and mainly provides consulting services to the providers of construction materials in the Western Cape Province.
Stephen Davey has a background in geology and spent some 20 years as a geologist working in mining and exploration for large mining companies such as Anglovaal (Barberton), Impala Platinum (Rustenburg), Gencor (Mokopane) and Billiton (South America).
He obtained an M.Phil Degree in Environmental Management from the University of Cape Town in 2001 and has had extensive experience working on a wide variety of projects.
Stephen has been registered as an Environmental Assessment Practitioner (EAP) by the Environmental Assessment Practitioners Association of South Africa (EAPASA) and is also registered as a Professional Natural Scientist (Geological Science) with the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions (SACNASP). He is a member of the International Association for Impact Assessment (South Africa) (“IAIAsa”).
- Contract work with the City of Cape Town as “Consultant - Integrated Environmental Management Coordination” that included the preparation of Sustainable Coastal Management Plans and contributing to the State of the Coast report.
- Applications for mining and prospecting rights and associated Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) and Environmental Management Programmes (EMPs) (sand, brick clay, stone aggregate, silica sand, phosphate, heavy minerals and diamonds) in terms of the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act (“MPRDA”).
- A baseline assessment, ongoing monitoring and the EIA for the Mothae Diamond Mine in Lesotho.
- Team member involved in the implementation of the Construction Phase EMP at Ghaghoo Diamond Mine, Botswana.
- Basic Assessment Reports (BARs) and Scoping and EIA Reports (S & EIA) for mining permits and mining rights in terms of the National Environmental Management Act (“NEMA”).